Thursday, September 14, 2006

Planet Moai I – with INTRODUCTION


“Planet Moai“ is my interpretation of the exotic. I have never deliberately dealt with the Tiki-movement and above all Alex Fritz brought me back to something which was there since my childhood: a few “exotic” accessoires in grandparents’ and relatives’ flats, having been left from the Sixties and recognized only by children’s eyes. And then there was “Toast Hawaii” and “Pizza Hawaii” to which only the presence of pineapple brought some exotic status. And through all the banality of these childhood memories one thing is clear: “Hawaii” was once a synonym for “Exotic”. Much later there were the Easter Islands and a taste of Däniken. A childhood dream which I resurrected through “Planet Moai”. My works describe aimless, eternal journeys and tell stories that begin nowhere and never end…

officaly featured on:
http://www.forbidden-paradise.de

Title of artwork shown:
Planet Moai I - „SLEEPING GUARDIAN“

The complete "Planet Moai"-series (Nr. II – IX) will be featured on this gas station soon...

© Martin Hofbauer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home